President & CEO of Crittenton Services of Greater Washington, Siobhan Davenport, joins Daniel Bauer from Better Leaders, Better schools to share her insight into why teens are experts of their own lives. Listen in as they discuss:
- Understanding barriers that girls face and teaching action advocacy.
- Creating safe space and suspending judgment as an intentional move as an organization.
- The key to building world class culture with one question.
- Reflection for leaders to help navigate and engage at school and at home.
- Serve the whole child by suspending judgment with specific staff training.
- Evolution of a sacred sister circle-hood. “Meet girls where they are, but don’t let them stay there.”
“Let Teens Lead. As adults, we have wonderful experiences in our lives and we get to a point where we say, ‘Do this, do that, do the other.’ We forget that teens are the experts in their own lives. They come with so much experience and they know what they need, and we can be a support to them and get the services that they need.” – Siobhan Davenport